Why would the first article of the New Year be about refocusing?
- Is it possible that you have allowed things to affect your relationship with God?
- Last year did you find yourself doing more and more and not accomplishing a thing?
- Last year did you feel as if there were not enough hours in the day to get things done?
- Last year did you ever feel guilty for wanting to spend more time with God but had too much to do instead?
If you answered “yes” to any of these, please read on.
The previous year proved to be a year of change and adventure for myself. The change was stepping out of the expectation of others and into God’s expectations. The change was experiencing God’s love like never before. The change was a new found love of God and His Word. This change caused an excitement within me for wanting to know God more and more. This change caused a love within me to truly love others unconditionally.
So why is there a need to refocus? The definition of refocus is to change the emphasis or direction of something.
- If whatever you are doing is not placing the emphasis on God, it is time to refocus.
- If things and circumstances in your life place a shadow on God, it is time to refocus.
- If you cannot see how much God loves you, it is time to refocus.
John 3:16 (NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
The above verse is a powerful verse but yet so misunderstood. God loved us so much that He sent His only Son to die for our sins so that we might have eternal life. Everyday He shows His love for us.
I am reminded of a song that was taught to me as a child. The following words to the song are so simple but yet so powerful:
“Yes Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me for the Bible tells me so.”
Let us refocus on God. Let us refocus on God’s Love. His Love is unconditional. Can you say the same? If not, then it is time to refocus. Let us all place the focus back on God because He never took His focus off of us.