Have you ever had a day when you looked up toward Heaven and screamed “GOD WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?”
Now don’t get me wrong. I know who God is and I know what He has called me to do but there are a few days when I just want to SCREAM. Those days come when I pay more attention to what man has to say about something than what God has to say.
So what was going on? Simply put, I had allowed people and things to take away my peace. So what do you do? TAKE IT BACK!
Psalm 29:11 (KJV)
The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.
There is a song I love by Sandi Patty entitled “My Tribute” where she sings “All that I am and ever hope to be, I owe it all to thee. To God be the Glory!” Further in the song she sings “Just let me live and let it be pleasing to Thee. To God be the Glory!”
- Peace comes when you know without any doubt that you are who God says you are and you are where God wants you to be.
- Peace comes when you want your life to be pleasing to God.
- Peace comes when you recognize the fact that it is not about you but all about God.
Psalm 119:165 (NLT)
Those who love your instructions have great peace and do not stumble.
- Seek to be a light in a world of darkness and not a stumbling block.
- Seek peace. How can you represent God if you are in constant turmoil?
- Keep your thoughts on God. His Word tells us that we would have peace if we trust Him.
- Do you love God and His Word? God promises peace and will keep us from stumbling.
Be totally blessed!