I have been on a journey for a long, long time.  When my husband, Jeff, died on May 19, 2007, there was a sense of relief and sadness.  I knew my life would never be the same.

We were married for over 30 years but somewhere along the way, we grew apart.  We were never “friends”.  I would cry to the Lord “HELP ME” or “Why?” but it seemed as if God did not hear me.

Throughout this marriage, there were times I wanted to give up completely and call it quits. But I knew God had a plan.

At the beginning of December 2003, I had major surgery where I was cut from one side of my stomach to the other. I cried from the pain every day. Michael my son hung in there with me.  He was my support.

In February of 2004, My husband was diagnosed with colon cancer and believe it or not the marriage became worst. Thank God I had a couple of friends that I could talk to. God, my Father, held me throughout the tears because I was ready to leave Jeff, but I could not leave him. I knew he was not angry at me.

While dealing with all of this, I was continuing to lose weight and I really thought Jeff would say something but the words never came.

On May 2007 my life changed completely. Jeff was placed in a Hospice where he would get the care he needed. They kept him quite comfortable.  I’m not even sure if he knew Mike and me were there. About a week before Jeff died my pastor stopped by the Hospice and talked to Jeff about his salvation.  Jeff was alert enough to listen and he repeated the sinner’s prayer. I thought I saw him smile.

On May 18, 2007, I had been at the hospice all day and decided to go home and get some rest. When I got home I took a hot shower and was ready to go to sleep, BUT the Holy Spirit said to go back to the Hospice.  I was obedient and got back on the road for the 25 miles journey.

When I entered the Hospice, I made my way to Jeff’s room.  He was sleeping.  The nurse came in and asked if I needed anything. I told her I was fine.

The Lord was so gracious. I remember closing my eyes which I thought was for a minute or two but it turned out I had been sleeping for 5 hours. I woke up and looked over and saw Jeff lying there so peacefully.  I walked out and asked the nurse if she could come and check on Jeff. After checking his pulse it was official. At 3:45 am, May 19th, 2007 Jeff went to be with the Lord.

I heard these words so clearly: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Final words:

Always remember any trial that you may find yourself in is for the Glory of God. Stay in God’s Word. Never doubt God. When Jeff and I married I thought we would be married forever but God had His plans for us. Always go with God’s plans. He knew what both of us would be facing when we married.

Never, never give up on people. Read God’s Words for yourself. Understand when things do not go the way you think they should, it is not about you!!   Trust God!






Angela Renee, Your Encourager!


2 Responses

    1. Girl, you just don’t know how great that sounds! Send me some info about hotels and etc.
      What is the best time to come?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *